Monday, January 20, 2014

Tug of War

I once read that a woman's dream wasn't to find the perfect man but to eat whatever she wanted without getting fat.  While I'm not one to scoff the value of great kisses, cuddling, companionship or spirited debates, I can relate to the battle of enjoying food while trying to manage your weight.   While today was a tug of war between my health goals and the tempting foods readily available, I feel that the win was largely in my favor.  I took my dog on a hike and we were joined by a friend.  I prepared a wonderful dinner of carrot ginger soup (heavy on the ginger please) with a fresh green salad.  This day even included a soak at the local hot springs.  I'm brushing aside the losses but keeping my motivators in mind and all in all - I'm on a great path.

No comments:

Post a Comment