Sunday, January 19, 2014

Long Time No Blog

Best Body Plan:  Day 1 Food Preparation

It's a great day to live like you mean it.  I had a nice quiet afternoon once I got home from many days of being away from home.  I have taken a nap and feel refreshed for tackling another week but more importantly for taking the best care of this one and only body I have been gifted with in this world. 

What you see pictured represents a head start on a couple of meals and smart use of a heating oven.   One pan is filled with carrots and ginger for roasting before being used in my very favorite carrot ginger soup.  She second dish holds lean turkey Italian sausage, onions and bell peppers for roasting otherwise known as an example of a lazy day casserole which I have modified greatly in order to fit it into my weight loss goal.

Roasting brings out a delicious richness in vegetables that might otherwise present themselves unimpressively.  Onions, carrots, peppers are great examples of how depth in flavor can be added by the simple method of roasting vegetables with a light sprinkle of olive oil and salt in a 450 degree oven for 30-45 minutes.  I don't always roast my carrots before making carrot ginger soup but in light of the cut backs with unhealthful eating, I find the extra step worth the rich flavor I will be able to enjoy once the soup is prepared.  Healthful eating does not have to be boring or lack flavor.

Following the death of dear family member, I have been punishing by body with emotional eating and a lack of physical activity.  I am not inactive but it's a far cry from triathlon training at this point.  So here I am...once again.

I plan to post most days in order to engage in some self-monitoring which is a highly successful tool for modifying behaviors.  I will also be posting meal ideas, nutrition information and motivation tips.





Scale 1:  Me 0 otherwise known at 158.8.

No comments:

Post a Comment